infinity ❤s perl
need perl experts?
we can help
Infinity’s expertise spans the entire gamut of Perl-related services, including systems architecture, systems administration, DevOps, release engineering, beginning and advanced training, code review, programming (green field and maintenance), and consulting around modernizing your Perl code or migrating to other platforms/technologies.
we’re part of the perl community
We love the culture of Perl and work to strengthen it. Our people have initiated or contributed to many of the libraries commonly used in Modern Perl, including Moose, Catalyst, DBIx::Class, and many others. We have a long history of delivering talks and keynotes at YAPCs and regional Perl workshops. We’ve donated our time to offer Perl training at the last several YAPC::NAs and we’ve sponsored workshops and hackathons. We’re proud to count among our ranks several Perl 5 core committers and release managers. In short, we’re unabashed Perl nerds.
…but that’s not all we bring to the party
We’re Open Source-loving polyglots. While we’re very fond of Perl, the one thing we love even more is using the right tool for the job. And we don't mean dabbling. In addition to our Perl crew, we have experts in Node, .NET/C#, Java, Swift, C/C++, Ruby, and Python (and more!), so we can always choose the right tool for the job.
When we’re not working on projects for our partners, we’re exploring new programming languages and technologies. Whenever possible, we Open Source our work so others can benefit.
- staffed with highly knowledgeable and capable programmers, hand-chosen for expertise in both legacy and Modern Perl.
- deeply experienced with remote work (around since 1998 and a 100% virtual company since 2005).
- available: on-shore / US timezones.
- well known and respected in the Perl community, with the ability to rapidly get changes and fixes merged into CPAN modules.
- not just a Perl shop: we also have teams of programmers in a wide variety of languages and platforms as well as experienced front-end developers, sysadmins, QA specialists, and project managers.
ultimately, we like helping people.
Here are just a few examples of the ways in which we've helped our partners.
- Building new systems utilizing the power and flexibility of Modern Perl.
- Maintaining and upgrading of legacy Perl codebases.
- Taking over maintenance of an existing Perl codebase while the original development team migrates to a different platform.
- Training developers with experience in other languages in how to do Modern Perl, the right way, including the use of popular libraries such as Moose, Plack, Catalyst, and DBIx::Class.
- Developing release engineering automation and DevOps solutions for their systems.
- Consulting and providing a “sounding board” to discuss whether sticking with Perl is the appropriate strategy or whether it’s time to consider a migration to a different stack.
- Complex custom work that would blow your mind… if our NDAs allowed us to let you see it.
Or just want to kick around some ideas? Let's talk about how we can help you.